Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Saturday, June 26, 2004

rain, rain, go away

The rain has followed me from College Station. It hadn't been raining so much in Dallas the last week, but when I came up, it decided to go all out. First off, there was the exciting drive I had from College Station to the miniranch - near-white-out conditions forced me to pulled over once (not too far from the car that had fallen/been washed into a ditch; I had to cautiously cross inches-deep water running full force across OSR; my average speed the first half of the drive was typically 30 mph under the speed limit. But I made it eventually to the miniranch, where I got to see Leslie again (she was either sporting her awesome laser surgery goggles or sunglasses indoors and out to protect her eyes). We fed the cows, relaxed, ate dinner, etc. On Friday morning, Murphy went on his first boat ride ever - he had an awesome time, I think because it was somewhat akin to sticking his head out a car window. He only scared us a few times by jumping onto edges or the back of the boat where he could've easily fallen off. But I take that to mean he's a natural on the water. Surprising. Yesterday afternoon Leslie and I headed back to Dallas, with Mom and Dad not too far behind. Last night we all watched the third Lord of the Rings movie. Mom and Dad hadn't seen it, and Leslie and I had only seen it once (with each other over Christmas break in California, oddly enough, considering how little of Leslie I see these days). Today Leslie and I took Carolyn to Cisco for lunch, which was lovely (except for the rain). Leslie has retired to the bed for a nap (she got back in the wee hours last night after spending time with Sarah McCall at some bars) and I just watched a health lecture (woo). I only have ten left now (that really isn't very good on my part, considering I've only watched 15 lectures so far and the midterm is in about 10 days). I want to watch at least two more today. Yuck. Anyway...the plan tomorrow is lunch with Midhat (I want to hear how medical school is going so far!) and then heading back to College Station. I really hope it doesn't rain on my drive tomorrow, but the forecast suggests that it will. That's just great.

No comments: