Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Sunday, June 06, 2004

Matt left yesterday to go back to Dallas for good (he'll visit, of course, but he is officially moved out of the duplex now). So I'm a little despondent. But the week he was here was really fun. My last post was from Tuesday, I think, so I'll mention the high points of the days since then.
I beat Splinter Cell on Wednesday. Yay! I was proud. Matt and I also continued to work on Halo. I had my first physiology lab on Thursday. It went pretty well. My lab group is four girls: me, Elise, and two Jennifers. I'd met Elise on Tuesday and we'd chatted some because we sat next to each other on the first day of class; she seems nice. I think my group will be just fine, and everyone seems interested in being quick and efficient. In lab we used a duel-range force sensor to measure an unknown weight, test the results of negative feedback, and look and linear and non-linear relationships. It took less than an hour. One girl was the worst at following directions, though, which might become a problem.
On Friday, Matt and I beat Halo. It was a lot of fun. And Jeff came to visit Emily, which added to the weekend's fun. That night A&M played Lamar in the NCAA Baseball regional in Houston. We watched the first four innings on the computer but it got suspended until the next morning because of rain and lightning. (We won when the game resumed yesterday morning). Right now we're playing Rice to try and win the regional (we're losing 3-1 at the end of the 7th).
Yesterday I helped Matt load up his car with the rest of his stuff and he headed off to Dallas. :( It's okay, though, because we're already planning for Matt to come back or me drive up there soon. :) I watched my first health lecture online. It went pretty well, but I had to try really hard to pay attention - sitting at the computer and being able to play games and look on the internet while trying to absorb minority health issues just doesn't work. But I think the class will work out okay if I don't get too far behind (I don't have a test until July...eek). Yesterday evening I mostly bummed around, but Emily, Jeff, and I did have a rousing four hour session of Mario Kart playing at night (9:30-1:30). We were all a bit drowsy this morning, as well as having the game music stuck in our heads (we kept bursting into song). A while ago, Jeff rolled out of town and Emily joined my missing-the-boyfriend club.
But for now I'm occupied with physiology studying and trying to make myself watch my lectures for my online health class. What fun. I think I'll play Zelda instead.
One quick question: does anyone out there have an opinion on ECC vs non-ECC RAM?

No comments: