Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Thursday, August 12, 2004

Bum-bum bum-bum bum-bum bum-bum-bum-bum

Back in Dallas! Wahoo! Yesterday was a crazy one - Dad came to CS to pack up my stuff, Emily got back from her final at lunchtime and Dad treated us both to sandwiches at Blue Baker, Dad took off with a trailer and Expedition full of my stuff, I helped Emily move into her new (my old) room, Emily and I crashed in front of the TV, ordered Chinese, and then recovered enough to dance (dance) (revolution) the night away. This morning, we were up bright and early: Emily to mow the lawn, me to touch up the paint in my (her) room. Then I packed up my car (full!) and headed out, while Em stayed a bit longer to pack up for her mini-summer.

When I got home (Dallas!), Mom, Dad and Murphy had already left for the mini-ranch. This means I got home to an empty house and LOTS of my stuff piled knee deep in my new room. I say "my new room" because the room I lived in senior year of high school and the one I came home to throughout college is now the guest room and the room formerly referred to as "Leslie's room" or "the guest room" is now mine. Anyway, my stuff was filling this room. I was extremely lucky that my stuff was even in the vicinity of my room, and it was all thanks to Dad and Bryan moving it all in when Dad got here yesterday. I am very grateful. I'm having enough trouble unearthing things, organizing, moving boxes around, etc. without having to carry everything up the stairs too.

Well, I can't just sit here - things aren't unpacking themselves, I'm afraid. More updates to come.

No comments: