Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Sunday, August 08, 2004

I'm now OFFICIALLY a nerd...

Matt was here this weekend and it was great. He didn't get in until about 8:30 on Friday, so we didn't do much. And I had to study a lot, which was stinky, but Matt was incredibly understanding (he knew that was going to be taking up a lot of my weekend). On Saturday we watched a great show on Animal Planet about four baby tigers growing up on "Tiger Island" in an Australian zoo, which was very cool. I want a tiger. Then we went on a quest - a quest to purchase our anniversary present to each other (it's August 22 - 6 years). We went to Best Buy, then Gamestop, then Best Buy again. The crowds at the mall were awful... stupid tax-free weekend. But in the end, we came away with what we wanted: Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix for Xbox and two dance pads. We played all afternoon and then ate at Chili's. Then we played some more. :) Today I packed a lot of stuff up to send back to Dallas with Matt (we filled his car up!). He left around 1 and dropped it all off at my house when he got home. What a nice boy. This afternoon, Emily and I alternated between studying and DDR-ing. We're both getting better. I actually passed a few songs on 'Standard' difficulty. I'm sure Matt can't wait for me to get back to Dallas so he can play again. But he's a lot better than me, so I need the practice!

So, it was a lovely weekend, only marred by the finals that are looming - health tomorrow at 5:00 pm and physiology at 10:30 on Tuesday. But then I'll be done with my undergraduate career, so I can't complain.

No comments: