Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

I had a good time Sunday AND yesterday AND today. Amazing. :) On Sunday, I played DDR at Matt's (as Bryan put it, we dance-dance-revolted) and then some basketball. Then we got dinner from Amore and watched some TV at my house. Afterwards, we went back to his place and watched Father of the Bride (a gift from us to Mom and Dad after the engagement) with Luke and Susie. Yesterday, after a visit to the Y and more organizing and whatnot, I headed up to the middle school. I haven't gotten the chance to visit any schools recently (within the last year, really), and the middle school had definitely been neglected. Plus, I've been thinking of substitute teaching this year to make some money and fill in gaps in my schedule, and I definitely want to talk to some of my former teachers before jumping right into that. I got to catch up with Ms. Garrison (er, Julie...I'm going to have to work on that) and Ms. Janik (nee McDonald). It was really fun. Then I headed to Matt's for dinner. We killed time after dinner by looking for Dallas apartments online. Today I went shopping with Mom for an outfit to wear to the engagement party. We ended getting several cute things at The Gap that I really love. Yay! They are even feminine! Shock! They help to fill in a major void in my clothing collection. And later we went to Western Warehouse to get her some work boots. Mom was only okay with the comfortable lace-ups after I told her that they were all I saw the Aggie girls wearing in Kleberg. Mom, Dad, and Murphy headed out to the mini-ranch before dinner, which left me at home. Luckily, Matt came here after work and I made us mac & cheese (spirals!) for dinner. He just went home after watching some Olympics and Chris Young (from HP) pitch his first game for the Rangers.

Tomorrow I'm going down to the mini-ranch to meet the horses. I'm really excited!!!

No comments: