Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Thursday, August 05, 2004

A worker bee no more!

Yesterday was my last day of work. It was actually kind of sad - saying goodbye to Dr. Hildreth and Carrie was hard. I mean, this was my first real job and I worked there for over a year, so I got pretty attached. I was also kind of bummed because not many people were working since labs finished Tuesday, so I didn't get to say goodbye to my coworkers or Curtis, since he was on vacation. But overall, I'm happy about things - no more work for a while, and I left the job having had a good time and knowing that if I ever need a recommendation (letter, reference, or whatever), Dr. Hildreth will be there for me.

I have my second and final physiology lab test today, which is truly unfortunate. I am doing well in that class, true, but I got a 75% on my first lab test. And that test only covered three labs over easy material, while this test covers seven labs of hard material, and this test is also worth more points. I'll be glad to get it over with, though, because then I'll know exactly what I need to make on the final to get an A as well as being able to focus solely on the final. I'll be a happier camper around 6 tonight. Also happening tonight - Liz gets back from Houston. I hope she comes back with a better attitude than the one she left with. Full report to come.

I read about this on the Dallas Morning News website yesterday. I don't quite know how I'd react to that. It actually reminded me of the phase Leslie went through where she'd sculpt her uneaten food into the semblance of the virgin Mary in an attempt to make the kitchen staff believe they were receiving divine messages.

Bryan said he would bring Final Fantasy X-2 to Texas with him when they come next week. Whoop! Also, I'm very excited about Matt coming to College Station this weekend! Yay!

No comments: