Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Thursday, August 05, 2004

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.

No more physiology lab! Wahoo! The test was fine. I mean, I came out of it feeling vaguely okay, the same as all my other tests in there (whose grades have ranged from 75-100%). But really, a 75% would be just fine. It is only worth 30/400 of our grade... I went to McDonalds for dinner. Before you chastise me, I'll explain: I really wanted to try their new happy meal with apple slices. So I got a hamburger happy meal with apple slices, and I was so excited about the apple that forgot to ask for the burger to be plain. And so it came with all the normal fixins - ketchup, pickles, onion...I don't know what else. Now when I was younger (you know, like, last year), I would've pouted and tried to scrape all of the undesirable material off and potentially shunned the whole thing. But that was mostly because it would be a parent ordering, and despite me repeating "plain, plain, plain, plain" over and over, they would still not heed me sometimes. But since it was totally my fault and I'm a big girl now, I just ate it down. And you know what? It was just fine. Any day now I'll be eating stir-fry (a major point of contention in my household...I just don't like the sauce taste!). Anyway, the whole point of the meal was to try the apple slices. They came in a sealed plastic bag, a whole (smaller) apple's worth, peeled and cold. You could tell that care had been taken to cut off any bad spots. And while I would've preferred peel and a fiber content greater than zero, they were yummy and crunchy and I didn't miss the fries at all. Yay!

No comments: